I'm Nervous to Blog

I've heard it said before that great blogging is about creating an emotional connection with your readers and THAT is what you strive for. Every blog post I do, I think about who it might affect and the people I might touch with it. Over the past few months I haven't blogged often, but I have shared about topics near and dear to my heart. Dealing with infertility, being on clomid, and not much in-between. Lets just say it: I've been slacking on the blog-front. Who is surprised? (No one raises their hands. I get it.)

I've been nervous. The last few blog posts of mine have created a lot of buzz. They've resulted in a lot of messages, texts, emails from people I don't know, and so much more. I love that feeling. I love knowing I am creating content people can relate to. I love knowing I am being influential with my story. I love knowing people can relate to me on a "not so traditional" forefront. With that also comes a standard I have now set for myself. My blog has always been a huge success for me. AND I AM PROUD OF MY BLOG. I am proud of what i've created. But is it enough?

I'm nervous that now that i've created, what I think is amazing content, people are expecting that type of content with each post, picture, status, etc. It takes time for me, though. It takes time for me to muster up the courage to post such heart-wrenching blog posts. I love doing it more than anything, but it honestly takes me days to even post because I analyze and dictate every word and sentence. Am I being too honest? Am I being too mean? Am I being too open? Am I sharing too much? It ALL crosses my mind.

What if what i'm posting now isn't good enough? What if my every day, working an 8-5, can't keep our house clean type blog posts aren't good enough? People don't want to read about how i'm tired everyday or about how our house still looks like we moved in last week despite being here for almost two years. (WAIT WHAT?!?!) No one wants that. I think that's why I go through spurts of not blogging. I get nervous.

I have standards for myself and for my blog and being mediocre isn't in those standards. Right now, i'm in the process of trying to "rebrand". If you're a blogger, you know what that entails. If you're not a blogger, just bare with me. I promise it will be worth it. I PINK PROMISE that it will be worth it.

I love my blog. I love my readers. I love my life and everything I share with y'all. I hope that I haven't disappointed any of my loyal readers and you understand where I am coming from for the time being. I know I say it a lot, but I love and appreciate EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. YOU. These next few months are going to be exciting.
Will you continue along in our journey?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,