Why is it cute to be the mean girl?

I don't know if i'm the only one who notices this, so this post might be a little "scattered brained/all over the place". (And honestly i'll probably get a lot of backlash about it. But this is my blog. Not yours.)

I've noticed more and more on social media how being the "mean girl" is the "cool new thing". Being heartless and emotionless is what is getting all the attention. Belittling other people and making a scene of it is the "norm" now. It's like…if you don't post at least once a day about how much you truly don't care, people might think you DO care, and we can't have that, can we?! 
Why is it when a girl posts about how she hates everyone/everything/doesn't give a damn about anything, it is the most tweeted/"liked"/talked about status? I mean really, am I the only one noticing this?!?! When did being the mean girl become the cute thing to do? Does it give you a confidence boost? And ego boost of some sort?? 

So many times I see things on social media and I think to myself "does your mother know you post/talk/act like this?!" The language and the attitude of girls on social media is so disgusting to me these days. I can't say I never have been that girl. I KNOW there are going to be people to call me out on that. There were times in my life where I have been VERY negative on social media. However, I grew up. I matured. I realized not everything in life needs to be terrible. You CAN in fact BE HAPPY….and TALK ABOUT IT. Weird, huh?!

I know when it comes to emotional topics I can be a little far fetched. You know the Kristen Bell sloth video? Im the exact same way…if i'm not between a 3 and a 7 on the emotion scale, i'm crying. Nonetheless, I think it's OKAY to have emotions. It's OKAY to care about things. It's okay to be hurt, or to care what people say about you, or hell to even ENJOY YOUR LIFE. 

Like why is it the "thing" now to not have emotions towards anything? It's "cute" to post about how much you hate people, how much you don't give a damn, and how all you care about is pizza. When did caring about people and caring about whats going on in your life become a bad thing? When did showing your emotions become the LAST thing anyone wanted to do?! 

Being heartless isn't cute. Being the mean bully isn't cute. Belittling other people on social media isn't cute. If you put the same amount of effort as you put into hating things into something productive, can you imagine what you could accomplish?! Haha. Really though. 

This post is totally just a rant, but it's been on my mind for some time now so I just needed to vent. Quit being complete brats on the internet. I CAN NOT imagine you actually conduct your life the way you do via social media. And if you do….wow, I feel really sorry for your friends/family. Let's try being happy, eh?! Namaste. 


Labels: , , , ,