It's Music Festival Season!

It's here! It's here! It's here! 
IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS! 

Okay, that's a little extreme, but I L O V E Country Thunder.
Love, love, DOUBLE LOVE!
It's the one weekend a year there are no rules, no one is judging you(okay, everyone is judging you), and you truly have the time of your life! Not everyone may agree with me, but hey, you're entitled to your wrong opinion. ;) 

Now I know some of you might be asking "what exactly IS Country Thunder?"
It is a 4-day country music festival. You can camp, party, and listen to amazing music all weekend long. It is glorious. It it wonderful. It is my favorite time of year! 

Some of my favorite memories with friends come from this festival. It is held at two places over the year. Florence, Arizona and Twin Lakes, Wisconsin. The Arizona festival is held in April and for this I am eternally grateful. 

I have complied an ultimate camping checklist if you ever decide to check out one of these amazing events. However, this really could be used for any kind of camping trip! And yes, some of this stuff is VERY generic and basic, but nonetheless necessary. ;) 
country thunder, camping list, camping, music festival, summer time
Ultimate Camping List:
-Clothes
(For Country Thunder specifically, I like to pack something along the lines of:
4 shorts, 2 pants, 1 dress, 1 sweatshirt, 1 sweatpants, 1 bathing suit just incase, and being a girl I pack way too many shirts, but nonetheless, pack shirts.)

-Shoes
(Again, for Country Thunder I pack something like:
Boots, flip flops, sneakers that can get dirty/muddy)

-Tent, sleeping bag, pillow, and air mattress. 
At Country Thunder A LOT of people take an RV. That is a GREAT option. However this year, and in years past, we haven't wanted to go through the hassle of getting one, so we always tent camp. I also bring an extra blanket just incase.

-Sun Shade

-Food & Drinks
We usually always overpack in both of these areas. The "mother in me" is always afraid someone will go hungry and/or thirsty and I never want that to happen! 

-WATER! 
I can't stress this enough. There is a fair amount of drinking that can happen at Country Thunder. With that being said, you need to keep yourself hydrated!!! I can't stress this enough. We also like to bring an extra few gallons for hand washing, etc. 

-Paper towels, paper plates, and plastic cutlery

-Fold up tables and chairs

-Toilet paper
My suggestion for Country Thunder is to GET YOUR OWN PORT-O-POTTY! They do have some scattered along the campsites, but they fill up fast, if you know what I mean. It isn't pretty. It isn't fun. 

-A lock
If you do get your own Port-O-Potty, bring a little lock for it so others don't just walk over and use it. 

-Flashlight

-Camera & Batteries
People, this is one thing you will want. These memories need to be documented. 

-Backpack or small purse
I, as a female, like to carry a small purse of some type to the actual concerts with me. 
Chapstick, phone...the necessities.

-ID
Speaking of bringing a purse, have your ID on you AT ALL TIMES. There are undercover cops roaming around Country Thunder at all times and if you're drinking, you're subject to being ID'd. 
Just have it on you.

-Cash
You can't bring drinks inside the concert area. Although they do have ATM's, I hate the fee's and I just like to bring some cash from home with me. 

-Advil
You'll thank me later

-Trash bags
Guys, if you go to ANY music festival where you are camping out, PLEASE pick up after yourselves. 

-Bug spray/Sunscreen

-Baby Wipes
Another thing you'll thank me later for 

-Cooking grill and charcoal

-Dry shampoo or a towel
They do have areas at Country Thunder where you can shower, but if I recall correctly it is $5 for 5 mins. No thank you, i'd rather buy a beer with that. Hence the dry shampoo, my best friend. 

-Music
When you're at your campsite all day, you want something to jam to. 

-Corn hole or other outdoor games

-Cards

-Chargers/Car Chargers

-Sunglasses, hat and/or headband
By the end of the 2nd day or 3rd day, you'll want a hat or a headband to hide your hair. 
It's not usually pretty. 

-First Aid Kit

-YOUR TICKETS! 
Please don't ever forget these! That would not be fun for anyone in your party. 

There you have it folks! My list of things I typically bring to Country Thunder! 
I simply can not WAIT for April to get here! 

What types of things do you bring camping!?
Have you ever been to Country Thunder and/or WANT to go?!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog and make sure to read more! :) 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,